Peace of Mind and Quality Time
Have you ever took off of work and returned feeling as if you never did?
One possible reason for that feeling is because essentially you took off of work, but NOT life.
I work a 9-5, which can easily turn into a 10-14 hour day. I have to wake up about 1.5-2 hours before work, get ready, commute to work, work, then depending on traffic I’m stuck in rush hour after work. And let’s not get into maybe having to pick up the kids from daycare before actually getting home.
If your like me, then hear me out. We work so hard and good to earn Paid Time Off (PTO), that when we decide to use it we Should Not return to work feeling like “Ughhh why do I have to be here or Ughhhh I do not want to go in today or Ughhhhh I need another day off”.
The way I have overcome that feeling is by taking off of life. When I take off of work, I Take Off of Life. I get up and do whatever comes to mind. FORGET bills, Forget cleaning, Forget the kids (take the kids to school still), Forget Everything. WHY? Because all that stuff will still be there, but YOU will not.
Something inside of you said “I need a day off” so if you take a day off and do not properly rest (feed your soul) and end up taking care of other obligations then that’s why you return to work feeling as if you never took off. Essentially you traded one job for another.
YOU Come First, that job can replace you any time it chooses to. So if you take off of work but not life, then the next time you decide to take off, try doing it my way and let me know how it goes.
In life, have you ever heard someone say “Make a List”? And the times they said it does anyone ever break down the list?
As a woman when it comes to dating, people have always said “Make The List” but no one ever really broke it down. People just always said “Make the List” (write down what you want in a spouse and just know you won’t get everything). So I tried it out and failed. Years later I met an older lady and we got into the conversation about “The List” and she said “Baby you failed because you did it wrong. You only did half the job. Yes you wrote the list but then you have to prioritize the list”
I was stunned but it made sense. So I went back and organized The List and then it became clearer to me why people say “You never get everything in a spouse”. List number 2, saved me some energy when dating. I got closer to the goal but still failed. So I took a break and as time went on of course I learned to understand myself more, which is something that helped me because I started to know what I needed and not just wanted in a spouse. And understanding yourself is something I found important when creating “The List” that no one ever told me.
Then one day I was babysitting and thought “hmmmm what representation would I want for my child if I had one” and used my niece as an example. That helped me as well because I love my niece so if the person is good enough for her than to a degree that person would have characteristics good for me. I added more stuff to The List and at that point felt completed. Now, I just sit patiently waiting for The Right One.
So in summary if your looking for love and do not know where to start create The List, Prioritize the List (most important to least important), do not be afraid to grow and learn yourself more so you know what you need in a spouse and not just the wants, and give it time. And for those of you that already created “The List” maybe try creating another list now with this insight and compare it to list number one.
So, how was the ride??????
Comments
Post a Comment