Break Free and Live Your Life


Have you ever went somewhere and at some point a little voice goes off in your head and saids,

“I’m going to head out” 

And instead of leaving you decide to stay a little longer, maybe because you arrived late. So you go against yourself and stay. By the time you look up, the event is over. Now this awkward feeling starts to creep in because you really really want to leave but you don’t want to be talked about for leaving and not helping clean up. 

So you decide to stay longer to help clean up and when you finally leave your a little irritated because you are getting home later than expected or late to the next event, or simply just get caught up in something from being at the wrong place at the wrong time. All because you decided to stay ”a little longer”.


Or better yet, have you ever stayed in a relationship to long? 


You’re in a relationship and at some point a little voice tells you to leave. But you decide to stay a little longer for example because of “the kids”. By the time you look up, the Needs than gone Up. You look around and think “How did we get here? Or What happened”? You Need more money for bills, the kids Need this and that, etc.


The entire time you have been working and start wondering where is your money going?


Next, that awkward feeling creeps in. It’s like,

“ahhhh, something told me to head out but I decided to stay a little longer because of the kids”


Then you start wondering what’s the root cause of why you can’t get ahead and succeed? Well, you can’t get ahead and succeed because your partner is over there still talking about he/she/we/they Need as if the person can’t see ya new reality. Understand at that point in time you can’t get ahead and succeed because you got a leech. Your partner is draining your energy.


I do not know about you, but it’s very annoying to me when a person always got his/her/their hand out; “She need or can I get a, etc”. So if you’re like me and that’s annoying, how does it feel when you start doing it to you. In no time it’s like “I need, I need, I need”. I Need shoes, I Need clothes, I Need a shape up. Forget the hair cut; you are trying to get by with just a shape up. Ladies… I Need shoes, I Need clothes, I Need my hair done. Understand that I Need equals I Am a Leech to Me. You started draining you own energy. Just because you choose to stay Does Not mean the Needs gone go Away. 


In some situations that works. Sometimes it be like “everything was just good; we just have to get over this hump”. But in other situations it does not go like that. Just because you choose to stay, the Needs do not go Away. You gotta learn how to let go. Put it like this: “if you choose to stay, the Needs don’t go away, but if you let it go the Needs drop down low”. One more time, “If you choose to stay the Needs don’t go away but if you let it go the Needs drop down low”.


Problem is people do not know how to let go because they were never taught. Letting Go is a course within itself. But in summary for those that were not taught or even if you know how to it’s always good to re learn because that’s how one continuously gets better.


The essence of letting go is a balance. You have to be able to pick up whatever piece of you is left and move forward while also accepting your new reality. In order to do both at the same time is simple. But the journey to Let Go is hard. Personally I know three pathways you can take in order to learn how to let go.


A. Pathway 1:

  • Step 1: You have to detach yourself from your desires. For example: You choose to stay because of the kids. The sentence is really “I want to stay because of the kids”. The desire is the “kids”. If you detach yourself from the “kids” in some way shape or form regardless of if they are your biological kids or not. The sentence becomes “I want to stay because”. Nothing comes after “because” which then makes it easier to let go of that person.
  • Step 2: You have to accept your new reality which is what remains. Your new reality for example could be: You woke up, 7 years went by, you realized your partner was a leech and only meant to have kids with not to spend your dying days with, and your life crumbled. Yes the kids are there as well but all that really remains is you at the stage you're in during that moment. Know that you have to rebuild you and the world around you. And the only way you can do that is if you accept your new reality. 
  • Step 3: Release the Thoughts. There should be know way when you think about the person or duration of ya time you get furious. That proves you have know self control. The person or situation still has power over you. To a degree we can’t control our emotions. But what we can control is our mindset. If you change your mindset and cope with the situation, then when you think about the person or situation you will not feel negative emotions. It will Just be like “whatever”. At that point you are back in control of you. Sometimes people think in order to let go one must erase memories or forget the person. That’s not true, you just have to release the thoughts and get to a point where the person or situation no longer has power over you.
  • Step 4: Reserve your energy. Rebuilding you and the world around you takes time and energy. Which is why you must reserve your energy. 

B. Pathway 2:

  • Go Skydiving! Never been skydiving? What Are You Waiting For? When you go skydiving you are letting go of life. Your Life! Remember… I Need equals I Am a Leech to Me. When you skydive, You Are Setting Yourself Free. When you skydive you are free falling. And once your feet hits the ground you look up, down, around, and be grateful whatever left of you made it! After that experience you will not have any problems letting go of people, places or things. You will be able to let all the nouns go Now! You may even decide to let skydiving go like,“ummm yeah never doing this again, one and done for me”. After you let your own life go, you will not struggle letting go of anything this else.

C. Pathway 3:

  • Give it to God. I believe in God and if you do to then in that moment when the little voice is telling you to head out and some other part of you saids “I want to stay because of the kids”, in that moment turn to God and pray. Ask God for a clear sign that will let you know if you should stay or walk away. A clear sign is important. If the sign is clear then whatever choice you make won’t be wrong. And when God sends you that sign, what ever you do PLEASE do not go Blind!
So, how was the ride??????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Can’t We Have Two Presidents??????

Peace of Mind and Quality Time